Covid 19 Pupil Premium Catch-up Report 2022-2025
Please click on the link below to download a copy of the 2022 Covid 19 Pupil Premium Catch-up report
Covid 19 Pupil Premium Catch Up Report
Annual Pupil Premium Funding
Pupil premium statement 2022-2025
The school may receive additional funding for a range of students who are seen as having additional barriers to learning. These include:
- Pupil Premium (PP) – Pupils who have been eligible for free school meals at some time in the last six years
- Children Who Have Been Looked After (CLA) – Pupils who are in the care of the local Authority, including foster care.
- Former Looked After Children – Pupils who were once in the care of the Local Authority, including adopted children.
- Services Children – Pupils with at least one parent who is, or has served, in the armed forces.
This funding must be used to support these pupils overcome barriers and help ensure that, if needed, they close any academic gaps with their peers. Good attendance as well as academic support play a key part in meeting these objectives.
Our Key Priorities for this year are:
- Improving literacy and the enjoyment of reading
- Improving the motivation and challenge for all students of all attainment levels
- Reflecting the new evidence on effective marking and feedback
- Embedding careers provision for all
Our Pupil Premium funding reflects these priorities with initiatives such as Lexia, staff development and training; access to specialist independent careers advice and additional staff time. However, it is important to note that the support of all pupils is bespoke and is varied throughout the year and is not conditional on there being specific funding available.
This financial year, the school will further enhance the quality and increase the class based/ pastoral support to give greater opportunity for pupils improve and reach their full potential.
As always we have also invested a significant portion of our budget into the high teacher/student ratio (currently 12 to 1) which supports targeted and individual provision.