We welcome all prospective students and parents/carers to visit the school by appointment, when a tour of the school can easily be arranged. We are a free school and the admission authority is our Governing Body. The school’s admission authority sets the admission policy and you can see our school’s admission policies through the links below.
How to apply for a September 2024 place
If you are applying for a year 7 place for September 2024, all applications are made in advance. Offers are made by local authorities on national offer day.
You must apply to the local authority who empties your bins. If this is Leeds, go to www.leeds.gov.uk/apply. The LA website is a composite prospectus for all Leeds schools and includes information about:
- all the steps you need to go through to make an application
- the key dates
- a search tool to see if your home address gives any higher priority for admission to any school(s)
- an explanation about how places are offered if there are more applications than spaces (oversubscribed)
- the online application portal – apply online and you’ll be sent your offer by email
- a summary of each school’s individual admission policy criteria
- data about who got a place in the last 3 years – this will help you work out if there is a reasonable chance of your child qualifying for a place.
- Information about applying under a specific admission criteria (such as your child being previously looked after). It is important to ensure you submit all supporting evidence by the deadline to show you meet any such criteria.
[If you are applying for admission under our faith criteria, you will need to send to our school (not the local authority) a competed Supplementary Information Form (SIF). We need to receive this by 31st October 2023.
You also need to make an application to the local authority asking for a place at our school. You do this online at the above link. If you do not send the application to the local authority, you will not have made a valid application for a place at our school.]
The council’s social media pages will also tell you about Q&A sessions where you can ask questions.
Admissions Policy 2024-2025 For applications for Year 7 places in 2024
How to apply for an in-year place
We make the decision on whether to offer a place in-year.
If your child is requesting a place mid-year (in all school years), moving from another school or you moved into the area etc, you can use the “In Year Common Preference Form” (ICPF) below. This form is not for the new Year 7 pupils starting in September.
You can apply for a place online using the Leeds in-year application form at Before you move schools (leeds.gov.uk).You can apply for places at our school and any other Leeds schools who are part of the centralised Leeds in-year application scheme at the same time.
If you have moved house, please upload evidence of the house move with the online application. You can find out what you need to provide on the above website.
We have to offer places by applying our admission policy criteria to your child’s application and we will contact you with our decision about offering you a place. We will tell you our decision no later than 15 school days from when you apply.
If we cannot offer you a place, we will
- write to you to explain the reasons
- explain how you can appeal and
- add your child to our waiting list in case a place becomes free
Our waiting lists are kept until end of each school year. You will need to make a new application if you want to be on the waiting list for the following school year.
The admission of students with an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP) in relation to Special Education Needs and Disabilities is dealt with by a completely separate procedure. This procedure concerns the making and maintaining of EHCPs by the student’s home Local Education Authority. Details of this separate procedure are set out in the Special Education Needs Code of Practice.
Information on Appeals can be found in our Appeals policy and on the Appeals section of our website.
Comments on our proposed admissions arrangements for entry into year 7 at Leeds Jewish Free School in September 2024 can be submitted to Charlie Kelsey using the email address: email@example.com